Tuesday 14 August 2012

Proud

That's how my lovely Nia dancers make me feel. I had a new student last class, where we were dancing to Passion (which can be quite fast and challenging in places). This new lady may not have been as fit as some of my other students who exercise several times a week, but she totally grasped the concepts of self-healing and natural time, and she took the steps and stances to her own level. She took breaks when she felt she had to, and I couldn't have been happier. That is exactly what I want my students to feel, that they have absolute freedom to be themselves in class, and to give their bodies whatever they are asking them for.

Another of my students mentioned that she wasn't sure about coming to class, as she didn't feel very well the night before "but I thought I'd give it a go" she added "and, of course, I have finished the class smiling". With what amazing women I get to dance! Proud, I tell you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment