Friday 7 September 2012

Aware

Dancing though Life, Living Meditation and Life as Art are the triad of principle 5 of Nia, Awareness.
Do you think it sounds abstract, or airy-fairy, or hippy-dippy? Ok, this is how I exercised Awareness today:
As I walking from the train station back home today, I noticed how wonderful it was to feel the sun on the top of my head and back of my neck. For a moment I was intensely aware of my head being able to move thanks to my neck and spine, and I started just saying yes with my head as I walked in rhythm with my footsteps. Then I realised I was walking like an elephant, planting the whole sole of my foot instead of doing the gentler "heel lead" tai chi technique, so I changed from baby elephant ( they are cute, nothing against them) to graceful gazelle (in my mind, at least) and walking became so enjoyable. The sun, my head and neck, my stride, all of these together in my mind, I looked up and to one side and I saw these pretty wallflowers, their lovely blue colour going so well together with the green of their leaves.
There is beauty, there is pleasure, and awareness will bring them to you on a silver tray, you just need to be ready to accept them.


No comments:

Post a Comment